DAMIEN IS NOW APPEARING IN BRASSIC SERIES 2
Join the discussion & vote in the polls here!


Members Login
 

Topic: Discussion Topic: DREAM FILM ROLES FOR DAMIEN?

Post Info
DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Discussion Topic: DREAM FILM ROLES FOR DAMIEN?
Permalink  
 

Undoubtedly a talented actor in both theatre and TV, I think we are all also agreed that from the film shorts Damien has appeared in, he would also make a superb leading man in a film.

It seems to me that Mr Molony is multidimensional actor and could probably excel as any character, in any kind of film or genre..but just for fun..what would your dream roles for Damien be?!

 

add a comment below!



__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

Damiac
Status: Offline
Posts: 1232
Date:
RE: Discussion Topic: WHAT FILM ROLES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE DAMIEN PLAY?
Permalink  
 

I personally want him to do another play so that us super fans can have the oppotunity to see him perform live up close and personal.....obviously stage door could be an added extra ;)

I would like to see him in something like shakespeare perhaps romeo and juliet?! Any theatre role would be a treat as i loved seeing him act so closely...

I would also like to think that eventually we could see damien in a movie.....clearly being 007 would be damiens dream role and i would love to see him doing something actiony like that!! Something where he is shooting things and fighting like a man would go down well with me :D x



__________________

Sooner or later, we all go back to being the monsters we truly are!

 

Molonian
Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
Permalink  
 

I think that given the range he has demonstrated, in such a short time, there are a number of roles he could easily play.

Comedies - In Bruges Colin Farrell role  

Dramas - Ed Norton - Fight Club

       Dicaprio - Inception/Blood Diamond (we know he has an ear for accents) /The Departed

      Ryan Gosling - Drive

Action - Tom Cruise - Mission Impossible

      Matt Damon - Bourne Identity

RomComs - McConnaghy - How to lose a guy in 10 days

  Grant or Firth - Bridget Jones' Diary

 

There are a number of roles he could play but I would personally love to see him in a Tarantino film. I think the wHip sharp dialogue would suit him down to a tee.



-- Edited by woomewithtulips on Saturday 7th of July 2012 11:49:51 PM

__________________

"You know you remind me of a conquest back in Madrid 1784. I wooed her with a thousand tulips."

DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Permalink  
 
Hi Su! ..let's take it as a given that we all would like to see Damien in more Theatre and TV!

As for film...with a range like his, you can imagine him in a blockbuster or independent film, across genres!

Bond has to be a top of the list right now, he would excel as the intelligent action hero and the sophisticated playboy (and be very cool and handsome!)

How about something more intimate and dramatic too, an indie film?

I could also see him doing a period film.. maybe something victorian and angsty...or a character like Heathcliff in Wuthering heights.

Any other film roles you could see ( or not see ) Damien playing?




__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

Damiac
Status: Offline
Posts: 1346
Date:
Permalink  
 
I've been watching The Hollow Crown on BBC and loving it so i'd love to see Damien get his teeth into something like that. I'd just like to see him recite Shakespeare, in that delicious 'Hal' accent perhaps. Maybe 'A Midsummer's Night Dream'.

I could also see him doing a period piece.

Or even an extended version of 'When the Hurly Burly's Done' would make me happy, extend the storyline of that short film into a full 90 minutes or so.

__________________

~I'm not a man of God~

"...Super Duper..." 

DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Permalink  
 
oh my..Drive was my favourite film of 2011 and it is a challenge to think of anyone else but Ryan Gosling playing The Driver..but now you mention it.......YES Damien could so play a similar role! especially with his ability to emanate so much, silently. Yes, I can see him the noir genre, for sure, either with a classic flavour or a contemporary twist.

__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

Team DaMo
Status: Offline
Posts: 158
Date:
Permalink  
 
rubyrosettared wrote:

I've been watching The Hollow Crown on BBC and loving it so i'd love to see Damien get his teeth into something like that. I'd just like to see him recite Shakespeare, in that delicious 'Hal' accent perhaps. Maybe 'A Midsummer's Night Dream'.

I could also see him doing a period piece.

Or even an extended version of 'When the Hurly Burly's Done' would make me happy, extend the storyline of that short film into a full 90 minutes or so.


 Ruby said my same exact thought, so I just quote her smile



__________________

"Are there subtitles for this conversation?"

Team DaMo
Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Date:
Permalink  
 
I can see Damien in those fairy tale/fantasy roles like the Snow White and The Huntsman, or Stardust. The hero who triumphs over the odds.

But also in one of those gritty little British films, like Layer Cake.

Gosh, IDK, he could pretty much make any role convincing, I think. As long as Hollywood gives him back and doesn't steal him away forever!

But whatever the role, lots of emotional depth please, he's pretty when he emotes!






__________________
Damien Molony Army
Status: Offline
Posts: 1003
Date:
Permalink  
 
Damien for bond 2013 :3 xx

__________________

Anyway, must dash. Friend about to kill lots of people.

Team DaMo
Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Date:
Permalink  
 
Kayla wrote:

Damien for bond 2013 :3 xx


He's still a bit too young at the moment, he needs a few more years on his face first, Bond was a bit older. And Daniel Craig has only done three films, maybe when he's got a few more under his belt, Damien can step in. :D

(Though I'm actually rooting for Matt Smith to get the role!) *Dodges pitchforks*



__________________
DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Permalink  
 
@ Steelmoth Lol! But If Damien can play a 517 year old vampire, he can play any age!

@rubyrosettared A feature length 'When The Hurlyburly's Done' would be magnificant...

today I am seeing Damien in my mind's eye either in a ratpack gangster type film or a detective noir! action

__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

Team DaMo
Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Date:
Permalink  
 
conflicted domino wrote:

@ Steelmoth Lol! But If Damien can play a 517 year old vampire, he can play any age!


 Ah yes, but the 517 year old Vampire still looks in his early 20s; James Bond needs to look like he has some serious miles on the clock. ;)



__________________
Damiac
Status: Offline
Posts: 1064
Date:
Permalink  
 
I think it be nice to see him in some romantic comedy. It'd be great contrast to all the darker stuff he tends to do. I think he'd do great in pretty much anything Shakespeare!

__________________

It's a really nice look you've got going on there :wink:

Damien Molony Army
Status: Offline
Posts: 1003
Date:
Permalink  
 
xD .... young sexy bond! DAMIEN FOR BOND 2013 NO NOT MATTTYYYSMITHY!!! ... although i do have a mad crush on Smith ¬_¬ stupid man .. lol Xx

__________________

Anyway, must dash. Friend about to kill lots of people.

DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Permalink  
 

there is but 2 years difference between Matt Smith and Damien.

Damien is a metamorphic actor..he can look whatever age he wants... AND..my hope is for a prequel to Casino Royale. Who would be more perfect? (this is rhetorical..this is a Damien topic)

I would also love to see him in an early Christopher Lee-esque type film...or anything by the newly reincarnated Hammer Films  he could just as easily play the monster or the angst ridden hero victim. action



__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

Damiac
Status: Offline
Posts: 1346
Date:
Permalink  
 
Keeping on the Shakespeare theme, having watched 'Henry IV pt 1' at the weekend, I think Damien would be rather magnificent as Hotspur, the Earl of Northumberland's passionate, hot-headed son.

In the same vein, i'm reading a series of books by the author Carol Wensby-Scott about the Earls of Northumberland. They're the 'Lion' series, out of print now it would seem (got mine from a car boot sale several years ago) and the Earl of Northumberland who spurned Richard III at the battle of Bosworth Field was described as being serious, brave with a 'melifluous voice'. Made me think of Damien immediately. If ever these books were made into films, i think he'd suit that role perfectly (plus Alnwick Castle is a 40 minute drive from where i live)

__________________

~I'm not a man of God~

"...Super Duper..." 

Fan
Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:
Permalink  
 
Christian Grey maybe. That would proberbly get us too hot under the collar!! ;-P

__________________
DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Permalink  
 

I could sooo see that too rubyrosettared.... oh my ...

The early episodes of BH had me somehow seeing Damien in something very moody and period ..it would be a wonderful fit too 

 

HalEp2-9.jpg

 

Great to see you Kathyrn! I cannot comment as I have not read it....Am I the only one left on earth who has not read Fifty Shades Of Grey? there seems to be a mass hysteria over it..online and around me in RL.. which has made me avoid it!



__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

Damiac
Status: Offline
Posts: 1346
Date:
Permalink  
 
Haven't read the books either Domino and nothing would make me want to read them. I'm avoiding them on principle

__________________

~I'm not a man of God~

"...Super Duper..." 

Fan
Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Date:
Permalink  
 
i'd love Damien to play the role of James Bond, he'd be brilliant.

__________________
DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Permalink  
 
rubyrosettared wrote:

Haven't read the books either Domino and nothing would make me want to read them. I'm avoiding them on principle


 

 

Lol same here Lisa - though not sure if it is the same principle! mine is the maverick / rebel / anarchic annoying teenager / never grew up defiant child within me who resists that kind of mass hysteria it seems to be so mainstream (gawd i could even imagine my mother recommending it..then it is a definite no go )

BUT   I am willing to bet my left arm that if Damien was to appear in a film adaptation of the book..we'd both be there with bells on!!! ooohbaby



__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

Molonian
Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
Permalink  
 
conflicted domino wrote:
rubyrosettared wrote:

Haven't read the books either Domino and nothing would make me want to read them. I'm avoiding them on principle


 

 

Lol same here Lisa - though not sure if it is the same principle! mine is the maverick / rebel / anarchic annoying teenager / never grew up defiant child within me who resists that kind of mass hysteria it seems to be so mainstream (gawd i could even imagine my mother recommending it..then it is a definite no go )

BUT   I am willing to bet my left arm that if Damien was to appear in a film adaptation of the book..we'd both be there with bells on!!! ooohbaby


 I've read the books and with the exception of eye colour Mr Grey's description did scream Damien to me.

I can't imagine the films being anything but trashy though so would not want to see him in the role.



__________________

"You know you remind me of a conquest back in Madrid 1784. I wooed her with a thousand tulips."

DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Permalink  
 
woomewithtulips wrote:
conflicted domino wrote:
rubyrosettared wrote:

Haven't read the books either Domino and nothing would make me want to read them. I'm avoiding them on principle


 

 

Lol same here Lisa - though not sure if it is the same principle! mine is the maverick / rebel / anarchic annoying teenager / never grew up defiant child within me who resists that kind of mass hysteria it seems to be so mainstream (gawd i could even imagine my mother recommending it..then it is a definite no go )

BUT   I am willing to bet my left arm that if Damien was to appear in a film adaptation of the book..we'd both be there with bells on!!! ooohbaby


 I've read the books and with the exception of eye colour Mr Grey's description did scream Damien to me.

I can't imagine the films being anything but trashy though so would not want to see him in the role.


 well now I want to hear Mr Grey's description becca! lol !



__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

Molonian
Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
Permalink  
 

Lol - you'll just have to read it Domino.

There's reference to bed head hair, a crooked shy smile, lots of bare feet, I think there was a head tilt, toned biceps......oh and it actually says "The Grey Effect" which just made me smile.



__________________

"You know you remind me of a conquest back in Madrid 1784. I wooed her with a thousand tulips."

DMF
Status: Offline
Posts: 16277
Date:
Permalink  
 
Lol! NOOOOO!! not that I would be opposed to Damien playing the male lead in an erotic film, ooohbaby or trilogy, thud but as you say it has the potential to be trashy and it would not be my first choice. I guess it depends on the context. I also havetroulve seeing Damien in something light, like a romatic comedy, he does angsty and deep so well!

__________________

Fan Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

 

 
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Chatbox

Please log in to join the chat!















Copyright 2012 - 2020 Damien Molony Forum All Rights Reserved.